My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Mad Doctor

So I was totally running late (AGAIN!) this morning! I don't know what's gone on this week, but I just have not been able to get up on time!! Ugh! Anyway, back to the point...
Since I was running late, I didn't have time to do my daily Lupron shot in the morning so I decided to bring the stuff with me to work to do it...
10 o'clock rolls around and I still hadn't done my shot and I was about to go into a meeting so I was like "okay, well, let me just do this and get it out of the way before the meeting." Well, my BFF, who just started working with me was rather intrigued with me giving myself a shot and decided that she wanted to "come watch"... so we're off the the women's restroom together! Then I mistakenly said "you can even do it if you want, it's really easy"...well she took me up on the offer! So I gave her a crash course in shot giving...she washed her hands, cleaned off the top of the medicine bottle, etc...when it came to giving me the shot she came at me in this weird position...picture something out of a movie, like a Mad Doctor....kinda something like this...


I know, right!!?? LMAO...well in her defense, she's never given a shot before and according to her she was "doing what I see on TV"...lol! So after I kinda jumped back and looked at her like she was crazy I explained to her that she just needed to " jab it straight in"...I meant it literally, but I guess she thought that "jabbing" would only hurt me more so she SLOWLY inserted the needle into my stomach....um...ouch! Lol. It was pretty funny, I was like um, well you did a good job, but it hurt because you went in slower than a grandma! It was all good though; I like that my friend is interested in what's going on in my life, so if it means takin' a granny needle to the stomach I guess I can endure that! :-) ...And off we went to our meeting!
   
Oh the memories you make with friends...



No comments: