My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just call me Walgreens

Got a package at work today...













...after I opened it I realized "Oh, my meds!"...totally forgot that it was being shipped to my job cuz they required a signature. Anyway, opened the box and...



















...BAM! Walgreens Pharmacy in a box! It's a bit overwhelming to see at first, but it's really not that bad. They tend to send more than needed. (I still have stuff left over from last time!) And the best part about receiving this package was that there are no BIG PROGESTERONE NEEDLES!! WOO HOO!!!!! Only those small insulin needles for me to do my Lupron shots with.
Speaking of shots, I also received my calendar and I start the Lupron injections on Thursday (THIS THURSDAY, as in like 2 days from now!) Most may find this weird, but I am so excited! Lol. I'm just so ready to get things going and I'm very hopeful that this 1st time will be the "taker"!
As of right now the calendar is somewhat tentative b/c it all depends on when I start my cycle again (est. for the 21st). If indeed AF (Aunt Flo...if you can't figure it out, I ain't tellin' ya) does show up on the 21st then here's how it will go:
For sure part of calendar:
14th: start Lupron
18th: last day for b/c pills
Tentative part:                   
21st: cycle starts
23rd: start on Estrogen patches and 81mg aspirin everyday
29th: blood draw to check estrogen levels; ultrasound to check lining
Nov 5th: another blood draw to check estrogen levels; ultrasound to check lining
7th: begin prometrium 3xday, STOP Lupron, START tetracycline 4xday and medrol 1xday
9th: TRANSFER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the IM and I both are getting antsy, but we're soooooo ready!
Well, that's the gist of my update, no real fun stuff yet, but we're gettin' there! TTYL! :-)

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Yeah for getting your meds!! I was excited too--and overwhelmed as well. Have fun with the Lupron shots!! :)