Had my appointment this morning @ 8:30; it went pretty quickly. Didn't even feel the nurse stick me! :) Got in there with the Dr. (he was kinda "different"), did the ultrasound, and we were done! The Dr said my lining measured @ 8.1 so I was kind of bummed about that b/c I was under the impression that it was supposed to be more than that at this point, but about an hour later I got "the call" from my clinic in CO saying that everything looked great! Lining was good, they want it to be between 8 & 12 and my estrogen level was at 1627, they like to see it over 1200. WOO HOO!! So now here's the schedule:
- starting tomorrow I will be on 2 estrogen patches instead of 4
- I will also begin taking Prometrium 3xday for 10 days (Prometrium is a progesterone oral capsule: Progesterone is a female hormone. This medicine is used to prevent the overgrowth of the lining of the uterus in women.) -Thank you Google! :)
- After taking my last Prometrium pill I will take off my patches and 4-10 days later I should start my cycle.
- After cycle day 3, I will begin b/c pills, be on those for 10-14 days
- Start lupron injections (oh joy)
That's as far as I got with the nurse, but I know I will have to do a few more meds leading up to the transfer. So we are tentatively looking at a transfer during the 2nd week in November!!!!!! It seems like it's so far away, but I know it will get here soon enough. My IM is super excited, which makes me even more anxious!! I'm hoping that it will work on the 1st try, but who knows...this first time it will be a frozen egg transfer but if it's unsuccessful we will have to do a fresh egg transfer. We shall see!!!
40 Examples of 4th Quarter Parenting
3 days ago