My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Baby apricot

Happy 11 weeks!

Week 11 baby fetus size apricot
Fetus Size
Baby is about the size of a apricot during week 11.

LENGTH: 1.7 in / 4.3 cm
WEIGHT: 0.28 oz / 7.9 g
 
I'm sorry I forgot to update after our ultrasound on Friday! Won't happen again...maybe ☺
Anywho, all was well at the appointment. The little bean apricot was moving all around, it was so cool to see! What was even better was seeing the parent's reaction to watching their little one move around...No matter how many times I see an u/s, it's always like the first time, there's just something so awesome about them. It's a little bit of reassurance that everything is okay mixed with the awesomeness of a sneak peak of the amazing miracle that will be physically in mom & dad's arms soon.
I didn't get a pic this time, but there was a big difference from just 2 weeks ago when it looked like a little gummy bear...this time baby actually looked like a tiny human ☺ I was released to go to my regular OB now, woohoo! (This is a big milestone in surrogacy!) I'll see him in about 2-3 weeks...it's tricky getting an appointment that coordinates with both my and my IPs schedules, but we're making it work; I'm glad that they will be attending appointments with me.

Quick stats:

How I'm feeling: Same ol' same ol'...still puketastic and hoping to see the light at the end of that tunnel very soon!
It's also time to get some maternity clothes...so soon, I know. Whatevs.

What I eat: Anything that stays down! Fruit is starting to make me more & more queasy, so I stay away from it for now. Except applesauce, I love it...does that count as fruit?

Baby stats:

-The ears have started to move upward into their final position.

-The eyelids have been developing and are currently sealed closed. They will stay like this tell about the 26th week.

-The neck is lengthening allowing the fetus to move its head.

-The diaphragm has developed and is able to move.

-The placenta is now circulating food and waste and will continue to grow larger as the pregnancy progresses.

-The ovaries or testes are starting to develop.


I'll post a 'belly' pic next week. ☺ Til' next time, TTYL peeps!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Loving updates with good news. And congrats on getting released to your OB. That is a big step.