My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

29 weeks!

We've made it to 29 weeks! Not that I doubted we would, but each day is definitely a blessing. I'm on day 15 of bedrest and it still sucks, but I guess I'm getting used to it. I'm just glad that at least I get to get out of the house for a few minutes each day to take my girls to school.
My home contraction monitoring has been going very well, I've only had a total of 3 contractions (1 on one day and 2 on another) so I'm well within the "normal" threshold.
I really don't have much else to report unless you'd like to hear all about what's been happening on my favorite channel, Investigation Discovery...yea, I didn't think so.

Here's what's going on with Baby L this week:
Baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No me gusta leche! But I have been eating yogurt, so yay! :-)
TTYL peeps!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jeni said...

Lookin' fantastic my friend! No me gusta leche either! :) Yogurt...yum. Cheese...yum. Milk...no thanks! :)

Take care!

Babydreams2011 said...

Add me to the "No me gusta leche" group! ICK! But i will eat me some cheese or take vitamin D.. You look great, just keep tickin those days off the calendar! xoxoxo!

momof4 said...

lovin that belly girl! Can't believe how fast your journey is going!!:)

paradykes said...

You are a rock star! Way to kick some bed rest butt! Your belly is adorable. I can't believe we're only a week behind you, crap birth is creeping up quick.

Anonymous said...

Kick that bed rest's butt! You're looking fabulous!

Anonymous said...

love that baby bump girl!

Mark said...

That looks like my gut. At least you're pregnant and have an excuse. I'm so jealous.
You're almost there.
m.

tasha said...

Always love your updates! You're rocking a very cute bump!!