My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back from the Dr

So I'm back.

Well, I've been back from my appointment for about 2 1/2 hours now, but DAMN it was at 8am so when I got home I went back to sleep! Hey, I had to get up at 6:45am on a Saturday, not cool. Ok, not to mention that, AND DON'T LAUGH AT ME, when I left the Dr's office I totally got lost coming home! I know what you're thinking..."Why didn't you just go back the way you came?" Good question. Well, I did. Sort of. Look, it's a long story and if you've ever driven in the DFW metroplex then you know it can be confusing! (We're not even gonna mention that I'm totally direction senseless anyways!) Whatever.

Back to the point. I got my labs drawn and then had my ultrasound. Ouch! to "Tammy" that drew my blood...talk about waking someone up in the morning! My lining was measuring @ 6.9mm and my clinic wants it to be between 10-11 to be "optimal for transfer". So of course my clinic in CO called me after they got my results back (thanks for waking me from the best nap ever!) and they told me that I will need to add Estrace to my "regimen" and continue with my estrogen patches as well. Estrace is just another form of estrogen except I will be inserting it vaginally. (Do u know how long I sat here before I typed that "V" word? lol. It just sounds gross to me. Whatever) Anyway, so I'll have to go back to the Dr on Friday to get my lining checked again. I sure hope it's where it needs to be at that point. I kind of expected it to be "thin" today since on my last surrogacy attempts it was thin at this point, but I was hopeful, so I'm a little discouraged. But I guess that's the beauty of a "mock cycle", you get to adjust your meds accordingly.

So that's my update for today. I'm off to help put together a 25th anniversary party! TTYL!


1 comment:

GG said...

Hang in there, you can do it!! Just remember the end reward! Love you, GG