My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

All done!

I'm back from the RE (reproductive endocrinologist); try saying that 5 times fast! After waiting (impatiently) [okay, yea, I may have been 15 minutes late (thank you I-35), but in my mind I should have still been called back as soon as I got there!], I was called back 30 minutes later and, praise the heavens, only got one stick! Hallelujah to Nina and the nice silver-haired nurse (sorry can't remember your name even though you had a big, bright, blue name tag on!) that drew my blood.
I go back on the 11th for more bloodwork and an ultrasound to check the thickness of my lining. After that appointment I'll know whether or not my meds need to be adjusted and we will hopefully be on our way to setting an actual transfer date! :)

Oh yea! I forgot to tell you the best news... I don't have to take those BIG A$$ progesterone shots!! WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The clinic I'm going to actually gives you a choice as to if you want to do the injections or the suppositories. Um, DUH!! I can't believe, if given the choice, that people would actually choose to do the shots. It's like "here, Krystal, you can do these shots, that only have a TWO INCH NEEDLE, once a day in your a$$ muscle that hurt like a mofo, and leave you sore for 2 days, oh and by the way, if you inject them too fast you get a metalic taste in your mouth OOOOR you can do a suppository 3 times a day in your (TMI) vjayjay and be done." Hmmm...lemme think....

No comments: