My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Transfer day!!

Merry Christmas Eve!

We had our transfer on December 16th! Kevin wasn't able to go with me this time, so my BFF, Elice, accompanied me as my companion :). Although I was restricted to bed rest for the majority of our time in Colorado, it was still fun and I'm glad she was able to be a part of the experience with me. (It was her 1st plane ride!!)

Our flight was delayed about an hour due to the snow in Colorado, but thankfully it wasn't cancelled! Our Uber driver damn near killed us on the way to the hotel, but we won't speak of that :\

Anywho...the transfer went wonderfully! We all wore our "good luck green". (I suck though and didnt get a pic of all 3 of us together :( ) 
I promise Elice has on green underneath all of her "cold weather gear". Smh. 

I had acupuncture before & afterward. Oh but the know they want your bladder full for the transfer, right? I had to lie there for an hour after the transfer and OMG...I had to pee soooooo bad!! (Of course I refused to use a bed pan) That just wasn't gonna happen....I probably should have though, I almost exploded. Like for real. (I might have peed a little on the absorbent pad, just sayin) 
This was before I almost peed on the floor...

After I was released from the confines of my inverted transfer bed and damn near knocked over a nurse, while running to the closest thing that looked like a bathroom, we (me, IM, & Elice) went to McDonald's for some fries. (Superstition) Not sure how greasy fries are supposed to help you get knocked up, but I won't question it. (After all, the transfer worked last time I ate fries!) 
Then we "ubered" back to our hotel (minus a near death experience this time) and I stayed put for the next day and a half. 
I started getting stir crazy after the first 12 hours and I'm sure I drove Elice batty, but she was a trooper and didn't choke me. <3 

IM and I received beautiful tulips from her friend, too. (I couldn't get a good pic from my "bed rest position" so Elice held them up for me lol)
My IM was (is) super sweet and went to the store to get us some fruit (pineapple!) and snacks and she made sure I was as comfortable as possible before she had to leave (she left the day before us). 
And, since she had to leave...guess who had to give me my PIO shot? That's right, Elice! She practiced about 357 times on an orange before she felt okay to give me my shot lol. I can't bring myself to do my own shots so I have to rely on others...if Elice wasn't going to be able to do it, I was gonna have to ask someone in housekeeping :\ (totally kidding...maybe) Anywho, she did a great job, didn't even feel it! (Thank goodness!) 

Before we left, we got the chance to take some beautiful pics of the mountains and snow. And of course a selfie. Yay!

And so the TWW (two week wait) be continued :-)

No comments: