My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Smiles & Scares

Friday's ultrasound went great! We saw one gestational sac and we got to see AND hear the heartbeat! Heart rate was 115 bpm and the little bean was measuring 6w4d (about 2 days ahead). 
My IPs were so excited!! We all were! 
Fast forward to the next day (Saturday)...I was taking Kourtlyn to get her hair cut and I felt a gush...I looked down and noticed blood. No bueno. 
Thankfully we were about a block from the hospital so we turned around and went straight there. 
At the hospital, they started an IV on me, took some blood and urine samples and did another ultrasound. I was losing quite a bit of blood at this point too. It was very scary having all this going on and not having any answers. 
The ultrasound and bloodwork came back fine; baby still had heartbeat (114 bpm) and was still measuring 6w4d. One test did come back showing that I have a  UTI so they gave me an antibiotic for that. The part that sucks though is not knowing...they couldn't give me a straight answer as to why I started bleeding all of a sudden. They just said that I need to follow up with my doctor. :( So I've been in the bed (literally) for the past 2 days, just taking it easy. I'll be calling the clinic tomorrow to try to get in for another sonogram and beta sometime during the week. I hate this feeling. And I hate for my IPs to be worried...why can't everything just go smoothly??!! 
Please pray that everything will be okay at the follow up. I will keep you updated and thank you all for your encouraging words throughout this process, it really means a lot. 

Xoxo

Krystal 

3 comments:

surroB said...

Praying for you for sure. The waiting stinks. Hugs. I wish I could give you more comfort.

Anonymous said...

sending prayers sweet friend

whitney said...

keep your head up and stay positive :)