My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Snow's arrival

"Snow" is now 11 weeks old...better late than never, right? :\

40 weeks and OVER IT!!

He was born September 3, 2016.

Stats:
12:29am
7lbs1oz
19in


I was hoping to go into labor on my own, but Mr. Snow had other ideas...even though at my final appointment I was 3-4cm dilated, he wasn't budging!! Since my IPs had already flown in the week prior, my Dr. decided to schedule an induction for our due date 9/2/16 at 5:30pm, so I went in after I got off of work (yes, I worked the entire pregnancy...literally!) 
I got all checked in and settled in the room, IPs were super nervous ♥ and then the nurse comes in to tell us that they won't be starting the induction until 9:00pm because some emergencies came in! I was actually kinda okay with that because Kevin wasn't there yet...soccer duties called! (Kailey's team was in a Labor Day tournament...ironic, huh? lol) 
I asked them if I could just go home and come back, but they insisted on keeping me prisoner...

I did get an orange Popsicle while I waited, though. Winning!


Thankfully they did start the induction at 9:00. I got hooked up to the pitocin (which my doc assured me they'd start at a "low dose"....uhh...they started me at a 6...for reference, usually you start at 2! Anywho....that wasn't doing anything, so they upped it to 9 around 9:50pm. I was having more regular contractions, but nothing unbearable; was still able to talk and laugh, etc. By 10:50pm the pit was up to 12 and I was definitely feeling the contractions! 
11:15pm, I was 5cm dilated and the doc broke my water....that's when the fun went out the damn window! My contractions hit me like a freight train and I was about to go ape shit on someone if I didn't get an epidural soon! 
The anesthesiologist arrived around 11:30pm and I'm sure he read me all the "you could die" crap that they have to read to you, but it was all a blur and all I wanted was drugs! Somewhere along the line, I agreed to holding him harmless, yadda yadda, and got my epidural. YEEESSS!!!
(P.S. Worst. Epidural. Experience. Ever! Like, for real...I was ready to kill that "doctor")

Anywho, after I bawled my eyes out from the painful epidural experience I was okay and relatively pain free. 

12:00am (Sept 3rd) I was feeling lots of pressure and asked to be checked...I was 9cm dilated! They got my bed and the room set up and I started to push at about 12:15am (at this time Kevin FINALLY walks in!! Talk about perfect timing!)...couple of rounds of that and BAM! Baby "Snow" was here at 12:29am! ☺♥ 



My IP's reactions were priceless!! IM immediately started to cry and IF looked like he was in a state of disbelief lol. I think they were both in shock. I remember the doctor saying "That's YOUR baby, you can touch him!" It was like once they heard that they knew it was real ♥ ♥ ♥ 

We were released from the hospital on Sept 5th and the new family made it back home safely! (I know they were extremely nervous flying home with a newborn!) ((We got to visit lots before they left and I was even able to nurse him while we were in the hospital)) 




I'm thankful to say that they are still keeping in touch and I've enjoyed weekly photos and updates of Mr. Snow. Time is flying by so quickly already! I am happy that I'll be able to watch him grow and look forward to all the fun stories that his parents will share ☺

As for me, I'm slowly getting back to "normal". The epidural caused some back pain for me, which comes and goes, but for the most part I'm pain free. This time around, it's been a bitch to get motivated to exercise! (Blah!) Guess I'll get to that eventually....

Thank you for following our journey (sorry I was horrible at updating this time!). ♥

Oh yeah...the parents did finally choose a name (about a week before he was born....but he'll always be Mr. Snow to me lol)




2 comments:

Michael said...

That first picture of mom is priceless. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog and thanks for sharing your story :)
Surrogacy in US is not always an easy trip, www.mysurrogatemom.com is a surrogacy community for people interesed into surrogacy in Canada, US, Europe, ... IP´s and surrogates can e-meet in this online community