My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and gestational surrogate. I've been blessed to be able to have 2 beautiful daughters of my own and 2 cute little surro babes for IPs. With the support of my WONDERFUL family and friends, I'm doing it again!! Follow me on my journey...

Monday, January 24, 2011

Thank you

Oftentimes in a surrogacy journey it is the surrogate herself that is given the praise and recognition for "the great gift she is giving", without much thought given to the people "behind the scenes".
Today I'd just like to say Thank You to all of the wonderful people that have helped me, encouraged me, and motivated me throughout this entire process.
To my dear friends that have been brave enough to give me shots when I didn't have the courage. Who've been there when I've had complete meltdowns for no apparent reason (we'll blame it on the hormones!), and who continue to support me and cheer me on even when they think I'm completely nuts!
To my mom, I can't say thank you enough. From taking care of the kids while Kevin & I had to go out of town, to taking off of work (for a week!) to fly with me to my transfer, to giving me my PIO shot in an airport bathroom! You've done so much for me during this journey I've chosen to undertake and I will forever be grateful.
To my 'granny', you have been a God-send too! I don't know what I'd do without you being so supportive. You haven't complained once about extending your "day care" hours to accommodate my crazy surrogacy schedule. You're the best Granny ever! :-)
To my beautiful girls, you two are awesome!! I know that sometimes you question why I have to go out of town to "get a baby in my tummy", but you two are some of the most understanding kids I know and I'm so lucky to have you. You know how much this means to mommy and you've always supported me 110%! I will never forget it.  
Last, but especially not least, thank you to my wonderfully, amazing, husband!!! Without you by my side during this journey there's no way I would have made it. You've been there for me through 2 failed transfers and a miscarriage; allowing me to cry, question, and vent all of my emotions onto you. I know it's tough just to deal with this self-proclaimed Diva on a normal day, so I can only imagine how you feel when I'm really hormonal! And I know that you have your reservations about me putting my body through all of the stuff it has to go through to achieve a pregnancy, but you've voiced your concerns and have still been able to support me whole-heartedly, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Although I'd love to take all the credit for being the "surrogate", the truth is that it takes a team; I couldn't do it without them. And I have to say, I'm truly blessed with the best team ever!!! Thank you all so much!

1 comment:

Surrogate, Single Parent and Dating... said...

I LOVE this post!!! You are so right!! I may have to do something like this too. Not sure where you are in Dallas, but if you ever want to meet up..email me. You can get me at charityplatt@yahoo.com or frippgirl@hotmail.com - would love to meet you in person!!!!