http://www.babyfit.com/mypage.asp?id=KRYSTALW4 - So here's the link to my former blog on Babyfit just in case you need to catch up on what's going on.
For those of you that know what's up, here's the update...
After I had the miscarriage (at 7 weeks) on March 25th, the couple decided that they no longer wanted to pursue surrogacy as an option (at least that's what the agency told me). So after many visits to my OB for check-ups he determined that I didn't need a D&C (Click here if you don't know what a D&C is) and he cleared me. On April 26, I contacted the surrogacy agency letting them know that I wanted to be put back on the "available surrogate" list. On April 29th I had a potential match! I was a conglomerate of emotions. I couldn't believe that this was happening so fast. I was on the list for over a year before I got matched with my first couple.
Anyway, the new IP's, Kevin, and I had a "meeting" over the phone on May 13th which went very well and we all decided to meet each other! They came over to our house on May 19th and we talked for a few hours, they met the girls, and it was a really great "first meeting". We decided that we both liked each other (thankfully) and wanted to move forward to the next step.
This is one of the most important aspects of any surrogate arrangement, but it's also the most boring and tedious! In the middle of contract agreements we were dealt a crazy blow. The agency called me and said that my insurance would not cover the surrogacy...without going into a rant about how the insurance company is a piece of sh!t, I will just say that it is being handled. And in the meantime the IP's have elected to get their own coverage for me. (Thank God)
So now here's where we are: We (Kevin and I) are going to Colorado on August 6th to get our medical screenings done. (The IM might come too!) The IP's are local to us, but they chose a clinic in Colorado b/c of their wonderful statistics and reputation. (They are rated #1 in the nation) I know it's just the "screening" process, but I am super excited!! The IM is too, we are just so ready for everything to be started already! After we are cleared by the clinic in Colorado I'm not too sure of their specific process, but if I base it off of my last time I will be starting meds pretty soon. I will assume that we will probably have a transfer done in late September, early October, but I don't know for sure yet.
I'm sure I have much more to say, but this is already longer than I anticipated, so I'll TTYL!
3 months ago