I know I haven't blogged much about where I am in the surrogacy process since we had the failed transfer so I thought I'd give you an update.
After we got the results of the beta back my IM had to schedule a consult with the Dr. in CO; the earliest appointment was 2 weeks from then, so I was just waiting to hear back from her after that. The news from the Dr was pretty much expected, but was still quite a let down for my IM. He encouraged her to look into using a donor for eggs b/c he said that there would only be a 15% chance of a transfer working if we use her eggs versus an 80% chance with a donor. She called me and we talked about it and it seemed like a pretty cut and dry situation if you're just looking at percentages. She and her husband decided that they were going to look at a donor database and would let me know when/if they found a donor that they liked. No problem, my uterus isn't goin' anywhere. :-)
Long story short, my IM called me last night and told me about their not so cool adventure in looking at a donor database. Without going into too much detail, let me just tell you that my IM is very animated and I would have been rolling on the floor laughing at her rendition of their first experience looking at donors, if it weren't equally as sad. Needless to say, after their traumatization, (yes I made up that word) they really re-evaluated their options and have decided to give it another try with her eggs. I have to say that I don't blame them. If I were in their shoes I would probably do the same thing, for peace of mind, to know that at least I've exhausted all my options and I won't have any regrets later. 15% is better than ZERO!! And my IM has a friend that got pregnant with a 5% chance! So phooey to those doctors! (Sometimes I think they just throw out random numbers to try to get you to do what they ultimately want you to do)
So anywho, my IM has also decided to change clinics and use one that's closer to her, which means it's closer to me too! :-) She's used them before, so we're not going in blind! It's just more economical and really makes more sense. I'm excited again!
Things are on the fast track now. I have an appointment at the new clinic this Friday morning so that I can meet with the Dr. and probably (inevitably) get some blood drawn...my favorite thing. My IM already started her BCP's and I should be starting my cycle in the next day or 2, so who knows, we might be having another transfer mid February if all goes well! ***Fingers crossed***
3 weeks later and a bump!
5 days ago